General Education Curriculum
Students who are on the General Education curriculum, but receive Special Day minutes as part of their IEP, are provided instruction in a small group setting taught by a Special Education teacher for up to 4 academic subjects. We have two SDP (Special Day Programs): SDP for students with Specific Learning Disabilities and SDP for students with Autism.
Special Day Program/ SLD (Specific Learning Disabilities)
· Setting: Three self-contained classrooms for the four academic subjects. Classes are departmentalized in that one teacher teaches all grade levels of a specific subject.
· For 6th grade students, all core academic classes must be in Special Day. A blended program of General Ed and Special Day Classes are possible for 7th and 8th grade.
· One Elective and Physical Education are in the general Education setting
Special Day Program/ Autism
· Setting: Self-contained classroom
· For incoming 6th grade students, all academic classes and homeroom must be in the Special Day Autism classroom. A blended program of General Ed and Special Day Classes are possible for 7th and 8th grade.
· Social Skills is available as an elective. To ensure a smooth transition, we strongly recommend this elective for incoming 6th graders.