OFFICE HOURS: 7:30am - 3:30pmMs. Elana Mabashov, Magnet Coordinator
firstname.lastname@example.orgMs. Dora Mendez, Office Tech.
The Paul Revere Math, Science, Technology Magnet is located at the Paul Revere Charter host school. Both schools (the host and the magnet) work together to insure success within the educational experiences, and with the diversity within the school. The Paul Revere Magnet School has three goals:
1. To promote and maintain diversity,
2. To promote a unique or specialized curriculumor educational approach; and
3. Improve achievement for all students participating in the magnet program.
To do so, the school must offer an educational option-a specialty-that is not available in other area schools. We at Revere chose Math, Science, and Technology. Transportation is provided for all Magnet students who live beyond a five mile radius of the school.
Students of the Paul Revere Middle School Magnet follow a comprehensive and academically oriented core curriculum in the four content areas: math, science, language arts, and social science. Special emphasis is placed on math, science, and technology. The theme based approach promotes many factors associated with effective schools; innovation in program and practice, staff and curricular coherence, and increased parent and community involvement. The rigorous, standards-based curriculum is activity/project based, and is designed to provide all students with an exciting, energetic learning experience. It encourages academic excellence, challenges each student at his/her level, and provides development of personal qualities and skills needed for success. Overall, the Charter and Magnet Schools make Revere a wonderfully integrated school.
Anyone interested in applying for the Magnet School must visit http://echoices.lausd.net for information and applications.
Our Focus is Science, Technology, and Math
- 6th Grade classes are taught as a single subject, allowing teachers to focus on one subject only with their students.
- Magnet has a partnership with UCLA's Engineering Department. Engineering students visit our campus to work with students on building earthquake safe structures. Culminating event is held at UCLA.
- 8th Grade Science classes have added the use of drones to their curriculum.
- Special electives include:
- Robotics (7th and 8th only)
- Technology (Typing, Keynote, and iMovie) 6th grade only
- Coding (6th grade only)
- Grade levels are taught in teams allowing teachers to better collaborate with eachother and teach to the whole child.
- Total 450 students as opposed to 1700 students.
- More choices for High School (students can attend Pali Hight or choose from a wide variety of Magnet High Schools).
- Magnet students have access to all of Revere's extracurricular activities (including all music and sports programs) with late buses on Mondays and Thursdays.