CJSF MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS
In order for students to gain membership for a semester, students must...
Students must apply each semester and meet the requirements outlined below each time a student applies. Membership is neither compulsory nor automatic. Eligibility is based on three components: ACADEMICS, CITIZENSHIP and COMMUNITY SERVICE.ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS:
- Complete the Paul Revere Middle School CJSF application.
- Attach a copy of your final/20-week report card for the previous semester.
- Include your membership fee of $5 (cash only)
Within the semester a student is applying for...
- Students must earn an A, B or C in Math, Science, English and History.
- Student must earn twice the number of points than academic classes enrolled (minimum 8 points)
- CJSF points are not given for PE, elective or Homeroom
- Students cannot earn a "D" or FAIL in ANY CLASS
- Points are calculated as follows:
Grade of "A" = 3 points
Grade of "B" = 1 point
Grade of "C" = 0 points
Note: one additional point per honors class (including Algebra and Geometry) will be granted for a grade of "A" or "B" for up to two honors classes. (ex. if a student earns an "A" in H English 8A the student earns 4 points)CITIZENSHIP REQUIREMENTS:
Students must not have earned a "U" in Work Habits OR Cooperation on the final/20-week report card IN ANY CLASS for the semester applying for eligibility.COMMUNITY SERVICE REQUIREMENT:
Students must complete 2.5 hours of community service with the semester applying for and up until the date the application is due.