Change of address / Student emergency contact information update: Student Emergency Information
Reporting/Clearing an Absence: If your child is absent from school, you will need to submit an excuse to the Attendance Office. Upon your child's return to school, you can either submit a hard copy note or email: RevereExcusedAbsence@gmail.com. The note/email must include student's name, date of birth, grade level, dates absent, reason absent and parent signature. If sending a note, it can be dropped off in the Attendance Office when your child returns. You do NOT need to call Revere to notify the school of an absence.
Early Pick-Up Procedure: In an effort to process "Early Pick-Up Dismissals" from school in a timely manner, we are requesting your assistance by observing the following procedures:
- Your child should report to the Attendance Office before school, on the day he/she is to be picked up early, with a note from a parent/guardian. Early pick-ups are processed before school each morning between 7:00-7:45am.
- The note should include the student's name, birthday, grade, date and time student is to be picked up, reason for dismissal, parent signature, daytime phone niumber where parent can be reached, and name of person who will be picking up the student. (The person picking the student up must have a valid driver's license and be listed on the student's emergency card.)
- The student will be given a "Permit to Leave Class" for the time requested, instructing him/her to report to the Attendance Office. (if it is during lunch, student will report to the Main Office.)
- Parents/Guardians are to meet the student at the Attendance Office to sign them out.
- When an early pick-up is needed, please arrive early to allow for additional time for processing.
- Unless arranged beforehand, the Attendance Office cannot process "Early Pick-Ups" during Nutrition, Lunch or the last 15 minutes of the school day.
- Please allow extra time (up to 30 minutes) when picking up a student early from PE class.
- For student safety reasons, we do not process early pick-ups over the phone or email.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Attendance Office at (310)917-4860.
We realize that all early pick ups are not planned. Emergencies, last minute doctor's appointments, etc. If the Attendance Office is not notified beforehand, please plan on at least 20 minutes for your child to arrive at the Attendance Office once they have been summonsed. If the student is not notified before the class period ends, you must wait until classes reconvene so that your student can be located. This is particularly important if pick-up time is near nutrition, lunch or at the end of the school day. Neither parent nor staff is permitted to search the yard to locate a student.
Late Pick-Up: All students involved in after school activities should report to the Gym at 4:20 pm (or after the activity has ended) to be picked up. Parents must pick students up at the Gym between 4:20 and 5:45.
Pick Up During Nutrition or Lunch
PICK UP DURING NUTRITION OR LUNCH CAN ONLY OCCUR IF YOUR STUDENT BRINGS A SIGNED NOTE TO THE ATTENDANCE OFFICE BEFORE SCHOOL ON THE DAY THEY ARE TO LEAVE EARLY.
Homework for Extended Absences
Please check the teacher pages on the websitefor daily assignments. If your child is absent (excused) more than 3 consecutive days you can go to the student’s grade counselor to help gather homework assignments. We do not allow parents on campus to go to the student lockers. Please see your grade level counselor for help with getting books from the lockers.